Enterprise Class Email
Email is one of the most important business communication tools. With email, contacts, calendar and document sharing all in one place -- where ever you are. Zimbra Collaboration Server is an enterprise-class open source email, calendar and collaboration server. With the most innovative web application available today, Zimbra boosts the productivity of users on any desktop and dramatically reduces TCO compared to legacy platform vendors.
Other key advantages include advanced compatibility with existing desktop email clients, over-the-air sync to smartphones (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry) as well as better server scalability and more efficient administration.
- Rich Email
- Tagging, Conversation Views and Fast Search make email manageable again.
- Contact Management
- Personal and global address lists that can be shared across the entire organization.
- Group Calendars
- Personal and group calendars with global free-busy times and Microsoft Exchange interoperability.
- Sharing & Document Management
- Easily share files and folders throughout the organization and manage workflow in email.
- Over-the-air sync to iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, any mobile web browser.
- Desktop Sync
- Use any email client like Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird or maximize productivity with Zimbra Desktop.
- Powerful Administration
- AJAX web interface and command line tools for user and server administration plus delegated access.
- Freedom of Client Choice
Browser - Zimbra Ajax client
PC Client - Outlook (Online, Offline, Cached Mode), Apple Mail and iCal, Eudora, Evolution, Thunderbird/Sunbird, RSS, etc.
Mobile - Wireless devices "over the air" synchronization: Blackberry (via partner solutions), Palm, Nokia, Motorola, Good, PocketPC, etc.
- Self-Organizing Mailboxes
Powerful, fast search (including messages and attachments)
Saved searches across folders
Conversation views across folders
- Comprehensive Calendaring
Group scheduling with free/busy management and controls
Multiple calendars per user
Calendar delegation and sharing
Subscribe to external calendars in .ics format
- Extensible model for linking message content to external web services and applications (expressable via hover-over and/or click)
Intranet - ERP, CRM, Support, Finance, HR, VoIP phone, etc.
Internet – Google/Yahoo Maps, Skype, Travel, Package Tracking, etc.
- Efficient context switching
Quickly view/create calendar appointments while in mail
Quickly create/edit contacts while in mail
Quickly view sender’s website while in mail
- Any Place, Any Machine
Rich, zero footprint, AJAX-based end-user interface (cross browser/OS)
Security sans VPN
Secure, read-only access to attachments without special-purpose client software
Modern collaboration styles/formats RSS/ATOM feeds Tags